Thursday 6 January 2011

Collaboration - Music Video

I met up with a friend from back home a few months ago - he told me he needed to collaborate with another 'creative' as part of his degree in music.. So I suggested making a music video. This was something I longed to do for a while anyway - but I've had so much other things on I didn't have time to submit it as part of OUGD301.

Anyway, here's a brief overview of what we came up with!

Development










Final Render



The ideas behind this were loosely based on 8-bit music and graphics working together... but I will admit I started to push it away from that towards the end of our disucssions. If I'm brutally honest, all I wanted out of this collaboration was to find out how this guy did the awesome video below. Turns out, it's a lot hard than it looks. I've admired this for a long time anyway, and would be really happy if I could achieve something similar one day. Perhaps something to think about for FMP?

I LOVE IT SO MUCH!
I still have no idea who did it - the internet tells me it had something to do with Designers Republic, but I'm not sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment