Thursday 2 September 2010

Summer Update

As usual my plan to keep this updated has fallen short, mainly because of how busy I've been with various plans and projects. I'm writing now because I've reached a bit of a block, and inspiration has left me. Seems I have a lot to do and am starting to panic about where to start. 

Obviously there's a lot to be doing for college, my personal identity has remained the same and I'm still unhappy with it, and my portfolio is in desperate need of an update... then there's the 10 briefs we've been asked to develop for the coming year. Everything college related seems to me to be very unappealing after me and Will spent the summer working on a collaborative project with views to set up together after college. We had a good few plans and ideas to work into next year's time table and everything was going fine, until I went away for the weekend to see my family one last time before the summer ends.. and it's just killed my creativity! I'm gutted. And I'm totally stuck in the panic of being unprepared for the start of the new year.

So what to do about it? 

BBBREAKITDOWN...

10 Briefs

Presentation

Personal ID
  - logo/portfolio/website propsal... 
  - business card?

PPD 
  - Smoothie/soup stall rebrand
  - Kieghley Council 
  - Will & Lauren promo mailout

The thing worrying me the most is the 10 breifs, so that's the first thing to sort out as this is what's stopping me getting on with other things. To do this properly I need to first think about what my porfolio is missing.. I've never really thought about resolving any of my projects to a portfolio standard, they've always been quite conceptual and usually a lot of their strength is lost once it's in PDF. All this means that my portfolio is pretty sparse, and as I mentioned earlier I'm pretty embarrassed to still have 1st year projects in there as they're the only things suitable to this method of showcasing. 

So what I need to do now is figure out what's missing from my portfolio, keep in mind that I want to head in the direction of branding and consider an overall style of documentation.. I.e, Is everything photographed? Digital files? Shows the design process? 
I'd like my portfolio to stick to some pretty strict guidelines, as I feel there's going to be quite a varied selection of work and there needs to be something that keeps it working nicely once it's all together.

Now I've got all that figured out. Time for dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment